Saturday, July 09, 2005

I only took french dammit,

I took french in high school. NOT korean, NOT spanish, spanglish, engspaneol, or freaking gibberish. However pig latin is a pretty fluent speech flow for me. So this weekend, instead of korean-protestant-presbyterian, it's hispanic-roman-catholics. Whole new fun, wish I had the Simpson's Bumble Bee Man. So it's a Worldwide Marriage Encounter, keeping religion in the relationship. Nice people, very humble, annoying because they don't know what they want ahead of time, nor know how to ask for it, but sweet none-the-less. And then it's TU Cares!

TU Cares is a week long event of ultra over time and a half. This is where all of the prospective students come down to the campus for a day and watch speeches by deans, presentations by students, and more and more fun. It's not too many rooms for us to manage, it's the amount in each room that makes us cry, that and how they want the setup. The other problem, it's all day. You man a station for possibly 12 hours. For people like me? I've recently gain about a some horsepower in muscle. So, not only am I good at my job, but now I'm a labor horse. I can liftmore than anyone in my department, and last longer in duration of work energy and strength. The discovered this when I tightened some stand legs and two people (a senior tech and a shift super) couldn't unscrew the legs. I get more hours but then again, I'm now doing more in each hour also. Oh, joy. Basically, during TU Cares , I'm a freegin' brahma bull for five days.

So while I'm working this marriage thing, I'm constantly updating the weather bug doppler (I'm manning it right now) and watching this storm coming for us and looking outside waiting. The morning started at 7 which means 6:30 in tech terms, and ends at 8 which means when work is done after 8 in tech terms. Also, I found this video by Plaid. However, the name of the song is unknown on this website showing it. I've listened to over 30 thirty-second quips of their songs trying to find the name of it, and can't find it. I anyone would like to help, please, let me know. It's all really good music though, it's as if Portishead took acid and were thrown into a studio without any human interaction until they were finished. Anyway, wish me fun, I'm working this and later I'm going to an arena to do more labor. Mental strain and then physical, woo! Life is good!

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

look --- email me with the specs and the link and I will email it to lexi, she's got some service w/ her phone that allows her to play part of the song and it will find it -- found that one that DJ sent out a while ago and that was Romanian or something.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home