Sunday, June 12, 2005

Okay now,

I went there and apparently shocked the hell out of this guy. He got settled down with all of the papers and sat in his chair. He hands me the papers and says that I may want to read over them. I say no. I proceed to acknowledge the fact that all of the papers say exactly what i have just read, twice. I inform him that the papers are written word for word from the book just in legal signature paper form. He glares at me and says, thank God, no one ever seems to read the book and registrations usually take quite some time. I gather up the papers as he tries to scare me.

He mentions that after the school, I may not start immediatly in studios, but rather in set-ups, and tech work. I may work for people who are working in the studios or sound systems. I may have to haul cables in the rain and snow and stay outside with them to make sure that they stay grounded. He stares as I smile back and say, "Sounds like fun." What he doesn't know is that I've been working for the Towson's tech services for almost a year. I haul 200 pounds of cable at a time in all kinds of weather for two bit pay (literally, cam locks, distro boxes, 2x5 feeder cables, stadium sound speakers - the kind that have six wheeled steel carts built in just to move them- aren't exactly light). Moving sound cables for a possible start of $10 and hour is way worth it. Startling him again, he hands me more papers, fills out his part and now, I am officially a student at The Sheffield Audio and Video Institute. Whoo! Now I can be a studio guy and a college drop out! Two dreams *sob* I never thought that I would ever achieve.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

hellooo? is anybody in there? good.


where are ya dude?

glad you got it-- very glad in fact -- so long as your ego doesn't get all big and stuff.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home